Omam is nothing but the carom seeds which is so much flavorful and when it goes along with fried snack it will be mind blowing, this oma podi is a wonderful snack which n one can say no to it.
My kid he loves it so much and my husband he too likes this oma podi a lot, this is done using 1 part of the besan flour which is the chick pea flour with 3/4 part of rice flour which is the arisi maavu we soak the omam / carom seeds in water for about an hour or so and grind it well and take out the extract with the help of a strainer and some hing or asafoetida to it and some turmeric and red chilli powder a touch and just kneed it into a smooth dough, After preparing the dough just keep some oil and deep fry them it will be so delicious.
Do try this and let me know guys now lets see the full recipe step by step
Prep Time: 10 min Cooking Time: 20 min Serves: many accordingly
- Besan flour/ Chick pea flour – 1 cup
- Rice flour – 3/4 cup
- Omam / carom seeds – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida powder – 1/4 tsp
- Water – as req
- First thing is to Soak the carom seeds in water for about 1/2 an hour or so
- Then grind it in a blender and strain it and keep it ready
- These are the req ingredients
- Take a mixing bowl Add in the flours the dry ingredients
- Add the above said ingredients with a pinch of sugar
- First mix them with the soaked waters like
- I have used the soft Asafoetida(pal perungayam) which should be soaked in water for best results
- So first i used all these waters to mix in my dough
- Then added water if i need make sure the dough is not too sticky as well as not to rough
- Take a wide pan to deep fry
- Fill it with some oil
- Mean while be ready with the murukku press which i have shown and the idyappam achi brush them all with some oil to avoid sticking
- Then fill it with the dough close it and keep it ready
- Make sure oil is hot check it and start to make the oma podi
- Do the same in batches keep a colander ready by the side to strain the oil
- Store it in a air tight container to keep it for long days with all the crispness
- Done and READY!!!…..Our Easy & Tempting oma podi
Thank you for stopping by!!!!
Do let me know your valuable feedback’s it will be surely helpful for my future postings i appreciate it!!!!