Godhumai idly or the wheat poha idly is a very simple and a easy recipe for a perfect healthy breakfast or a dinner. This batter is done using the godhumai rava which is the broken wheat and poha which is the flattened rice with some sour and thick yogurt or curd.
Just mix all the above said ingredients with some salt to taste and some water until its fully soaked and let it rest for about 20 min or so.
This idly was almost the same as the taste of the normal idly which we make so it was so much satisfying for me and my family to make it again and again.
Now lets see the full recipe of it
Prep time: 20 min Coking time: 10 min Serves: 3
- Broken wheat or gothumai rava – 1 cup
- Poha or flattened rice or aval – 2 tbsp
- Curd or yogurt – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Water – 1 1/2 cup (approx)
- First grind the flattened rice into a powder as shown
- Here i have used the fine broken wheat if your is not that fine just add that too into your blender and coarsely grind it
- Then add some salt to it and some curd thick beaten should be good
- Mix everything thoroughly
- Then add some water and soak them for about 20 min or so
- The last pic shows you the final batter for this if its too thick add very little water and make it into a batter like we use for the normal idly batter
- So, just add the batter in the idly racks brush it with a bit of oil before that
- And place them one by one into the idly maker and close it
- Cook it for about 10 to 15 min and serve hot
Done all ready our exciting awesome Wheat poha idly
Thanks for stopping by!
I’ll be glad to respond to all the feedback’s and it will be surely helpful for my future postings too.