This is a recipe of full of flavourfullness and a package of a healthy snack which all the kids love and also people who like the deep fried snacks its a great treat for them.
I got to know about this recipe through my friend , her mom she cooks so well and when we went to their house one evening she did this godhumai keerai bonda recipe. It was so good that after few weeks i tried this recipe at my home and everyone liked this so much because of it’s immense taste & the aroma.
This is a healthy recipe as said above, since we used spinach which is high in vitamin A & vitamin K, with some wheat flour & green chilly which made a great combination , I just tried by adding few more interesting ingredients like a tbsp of curd, lemon, and some rice flour for extra crispness and some dosa batter for a great taste which came out really well and everyone love it my friends and my family.
My kid who is a 2 yr old he just loves this and he goes crazy about it…..maaaa i want this crispy crispy….. 😉 Now lets see the full recipe of it, you guys too try this recipe and give me your feedback’s.
Prep Time: 5 min Cooking Time: 15 min Serves: 5
- Wheat flour – 2 cups
- Spinach leaves – 8 to 10
- Green chilly – 2 (finely chopped)
- Onions (finely chopped) – 1/2
- Rice flour – 2 or 3 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Curd – 1 tbsp
- If you have dosa batter add it a bit or maida – 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves (finely chopped) – few
- Salt – as per your taste
- Water – to combine everything
- Take a large mixing bowl add some wheat flour & rice flour
- Add the finely chopped onions, green chilly and the coriander leaves
- Add some curd, Lemon juice, and some salt to taste
- Add some dosa batter or maida to it
- And add our spinach leaves do not add it more still it will be tasty but it will suck more oil while frying it
- Add some water and combine them well
- Check the salt it should be a little more because if we deep fry it will reduce so make it a bit salty
- The batter should not be very watery as well as very thick it should be like the dosa batter so you can make small cute bonda’s out of it
- Take a pan to deep fry add some oil into it
- Take some batter in your hands and drop it little by little gradually into the oil carefully
- Leave them for 2 min and then flip it over to the other side
- Take them out when golden brown on both sides
- Make sure to fry them in a medium flame to attain the crispness and also the inside should be cook or else it will become a bad experience
- And also do not make it bid bonda’s then it won’t be tasty annd crispy and the inside won’t cook properly
- Done….READY…Our Tempting Spinach wheat fries/ Keerai bonda.
Do try this recipe guys
Thanks for stopping by!
I’ll be glad to respond to the feedback’s and it ll be surely helpful for my future postings..!
Have a great day!