Pasi paruppu is nothing but the moong dal, here in this recipe we use jaggery for the sweet. This is a south Indian desert recipe which everyone loves to have it with vada or pappad.
Since we use jaggery and moong dal for this recipe as a main ingredient this is such a healthy recipe, and also i use some pacha karpooram (edible camphor) and some nuts which is tossed in ghee and some coconut powder for a rich taste.
When ever i make this recipe me and my family members use to finish off the whole pan we go crazy for this dessert. Even my 2 yr old kid he loves it so much. This can be done for any occasions like birthday parties and also for all the traditional Indian celebrations too. And this is also a special recipe which is given in some temples as prasad.
To be more specific this recipe is done down the south in Tamil Nadu and Kerala. Now lets see the full recipe of it, You too try this and enjoy with your family members and friends.
Prep Time: 10 min Cooking Time: 10 min Serves: 3- 4
- Moong dal – 1 cup
- Jaggery – 1 1/4
- Cardamom – 2
- Salt – a pinch
- Edible camphor – a pinch
- Dried nuts – few (almonds ,cashews and raisins)
- Coconut powder – 2 tbsp
- The above shown is the cooked moong dal
- Keep it in the cooker in the ratio of 1:2 1/2 and leave it for 3 whistles and simmer it for 10 min
- Take it out when done and mash it well with a spatula and keep this aside
- Take a heavy bottom pan and add some jaggery
- Add a pinch of salt to it
- Add cardamom and edible camphor to it
- When it has come to a boil when you see no lumps and no dirts in it just use it as it is
- When you have any particles in your jaggery and its not pure just strain it and use
- Just add the cooked moong dal to the boiling jaggery
- Allow it to come to a boil mean while keep on stirring it to avoid burning at the bottom
- When it has thickened a bit add the milk and boil it for few minutes and turn it off
- Now take a small pan to tamper it with some deliciousness
- Add some ghee
- Add nuts like cashew, almonds and raisins and some coconut powder
- Make sure not to burn the coconut powder just take it out of the flame and add it
- Then add all of them into the kheer and stir well
- Done our Delicious and tempting paruppu payasam is all ready to taste!
Thank you so much for stopping by!!
Do try this at your home and enjoy!
I’ll be glad to respond for your feed back’s..!