This street style onion chutney is one of the famous chutney where we get it in the road side local small hotels but it is the best ever onion chutney which we can have it for dosa, idly, and bajji’s too.
My mother-in-law she used to make this which i learnt it from her and i also became a big fan of this chutney where as my hubby he also goes crazy for this onion chutney
Here the onions and the red chilly’s are the main ingredient, where you should saute the onions a little bit until they are translucent and after when they have cooled down completely just add it into the blender and add some raw red chilly’s and salt with some asafoetida powder blend it well and tamper it with tampering ingredients and enjoy it..
This is one of the awesome super tempting chutney which you should definitely try and now lets see the full recipe of it,
Prep Time: 2 min Cooking Time: 2 min Serves: 2 – 3
- Onion – 1 or 2
- Red chilly – 4
- Asafoetida powder – 2 pinch
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Tamarind – a small piece
To Tamper :
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida powder – 1 pinch
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Make sure to first add some red chilly’s and salt and asafoetida powder to the blender and grind it coarsely
- In this you should use only the raw red chilly’s no sauteing
- Then take a pan and add some onions and saute until they are translucent
- Cool down completely and add the onions and a small piece of tamarind to the blender with the red chilly’s
- Grind well into a fine paste or a coarse one as you like and check the salt
- Take a small pan add some oil to tamper
- Add mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves and asafoetida powder
- When spluttered add it to the chutney bowl and add some lemon extract for extra tangy flavor
- Done our awesome tempting street style onion chutney is all READY!!!!!
Thank you so much for stopping by!
I’ll be very glad to respond for all the comments and feedback.