Kadalai podi is a podi which is a very healthy one and even kids can have this. They will definitely love this recipe of such flavors in them.
This should be prepared in the same way as the kalai chutney in my blog GROUNDNUT CHUTNEY / Kadalai chutney click here for that recipe.
For this the peanuts should be fried with some red chilly, garlic cloves, a small piece of tamarind and some salt just grind all the ingredients to a coarse powder and done the tasty and tempting podi is all ready to go with dosa and idly.
And this can be stored for more than a week or so. So no issues we can just make it once during weekends or when we find time and just pile it up and use it whenever we make dosa or idly.
And also you can make both in the same day like if you add water it is chutney and if you don’t it is the peanut powder that’s it!!!
- Peanuts / kadalai – a hand full
- Red chilly – 4 or 5
- Garlic clove – 2
- Tamarind – a small piece
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Take a wide pan smear some oil
- Fry the red chilly and keep it aside
- Fry the ground nuts / peanuts and allow it to cool to room temprature
- And remove the skin of the peanuts
- Put both of them into a blender and add few garlic pods, tamarind and some salt
- As shown above you can make both chutney as well as podi in a same day and have it , the one in the mixy is for chutney and small box is for podi
- Grind until you get a coarse texture as same as the idly podi
- READY!!!! Our tempting peanut powder / kadalai podi
Have it with awesome idly’s or dosa’s the taste will be heavenly
DO try and let me know your feedback in the comments!