This kollu is nothing but the horse gram in english which is an awesome ingredient to reduce weight. Even there is a proverb in tamil ‘ kozhuthavanukku kollu 😉 ‘ meaning fat people should definitely have horse gram in their diet.As said above this kollu is an awesome remedy for fever, cold and cough.
This is such a tasty recipe so that we have can have it most often and reduce our belly fat so i feel we should never give up our tasty tongues and try recipes like these tasty as well as it should reduce our weight.
So guys no compromise in anything right especially for our tantalizing tongues and also try my other kollu recipes it is basically a paste “thovaiyal” kind off recipe to have a look into that click on this link which i have given here :
Prep time: 10 min Cooking time: 2 min Serves: 3
- Cooked kollu water – 1 cup (as shown below)
- Tamarind water -2tbsp / a small piece of tamarind
- Tomato – 1/2
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Red chilly – 2
- Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
- Peppercorns – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Just a hint of green chilly
- Coriander leaves – few
- Curry leaves – if you have 12 sprig
- Salt – to taste
- Sugar – a pinch
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Initially add all these ingredients into the blender and grind it well
- This is the kollu water the main ingredient for this recipe
- Just strain the water which we used for boiling the horse gram and save it for later
- Take the ground paste and mix in the kollu water (horse gram water) and keep it ready
- Take a hollow pan and smear some oil and some ghee if you prefer
- Add in all the tampering ingredients
- Pour the Horse gram water and the paste mixture into this pan
- Allow it to boil until the aroma comes out but not more than 2 min
- The rasam should not boil much because all flavors goes away
- Then switch off the flame and add some lime or lemon juice a few drops to enhance the flavors
- And garnish it with some coriander leaves
- This goes well with rice and it is a healthy recipe for kids too but don’t give them often
- Have it really hot so you get infused with all the flavors
- READY!!! Our awesome aromatic and tasty Kollu Rasam!!!
“”This recipe is very much a healthy one during fever and cold if you have this the temperature and the cold or head ache just vanishes !!! “” Very true!!!
TRY this different recipe and comment below if you like this recipe give it a thumbs up and share it to all
Follow me to be updated with all my recipes in my blog!!!